Super-DRI™ TarponBalanced Taper Design and 50lb Core
- The thought of setting 4/0 hooks into galvanised buckets with a fly line that wouldn’t act like a bungy cord has always appealed – the reality was even better than we had hoped.
- Combining Power Core with our Ridge coatings didn’t disappoint, a line that casts like a bomb, with hooking power that quickly puts you in control. Ridges in the coating reduced ‘hi speed tangles’ – the ridged surface easily sliding over itself as the running line whipped up from the deck.
- Available in Super-Dri Floating and Intermediate models.
- Taper: Balanced Taper for Technical Delivery
- Core: 40lb Power Core
- Range: WF10 – WF12
- Coating: Super-DRI Ridged Tropical
- Polyleader: Tarpon
|Item||Profile||Length||Head||Tip||Front Taper||Belly||Rear Taper||Running Line||Head wt|
|Super-DRI Tropical Tarpon WF10F||WF||110ft||38.5||.5||6||24||8||71.5||310gr|
|Super-DRI Tropical Tarpon WF11F||WF||110ft||38.5||.5||6||24||8||71.5||350gr|
|Super-DRI Tropical Tarpon WF12F||WF||110ft||38.5||.5||6||24||8||71.5||390gr|
All lines claim to be higher floating than any other, but in our recovery speed lab test against all other market leading brands, our Super-DRI fly lines had tip recovery speeds faster than any other line, proving that our fly lines have a lower Specific Gravity than any of our competitors in any comparable line size.
Over the years, we’ve all greased fly lines to help them float higher; now imagine a line that would give you incredible water repulsion without ever having to treat the line again. Super-DRI takes fly lines to the next level with a permanent compound of ultra water repulsive PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), which due to new advances in Nano technology, its smaller particle size prevents water absorption into the coating.
Polytetrafluoroethylene (C2F4)n – The lowest coefficient of friction known to man, so the benefits to line speed and casting performance go without saying.
The ability to fuse Polyurethane post production led to the development of Micro Loops. Showing no visible signs of a step down, Micro loops blend into the main line giving smooth transition to your leader and protect your fly line from the effects of capillary action.