Skagit ScoutSkagit for one-hand and two-hand rods
- The ultimate one-hand Skagit line. These lines are perfect for single-hand spey casting and for anglers using switch rods in places with minimal casting room.
- Utilizing the best all-polyurethane construction and an improved, supple coating, the Skagit Scout heads open up water that is unfishable with other lines.
- They allow trout, steelhead, and salmon fishermen to use their single-hand and switch rods to cast any sink tip in their bag.
- Taper: Short Switch Skagit Taper
- Core: Power Core
- Range: ST 2/3 – ST 7/8
- Coating: Ultra-Supple PolyFuse XT
- Polyleader: Trout
|Head wt||Switch Rod wt||Single-Hand Rod wt||Head||Front Taper||Belly||Rear Taper||Loop Color|
Over the years, we’ve all greased fly lines to help them float higher; now imagine a line that would give you incredible water repulsion without ever having to treat the line again. Super-DRI takes fly lines to the next level with a permanent compound of ultra water repulsive PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), which due to new advances in Nano technology, its smaller particle size prevents water absorption into the coating.
Polytetrafluoroethylene (C2F4)n – The lowest coefficient of friction known to man, so the benefits to line speed and casting performance go without saying.
Forming a high speed casting loop is far easier in a supple line, but turn up the heat to summer conditions and the area of the line subjected to the haul can become sticky and drag in the guides as the line loses its shape due to compression.
With some clever engineering, we have been able to subtly change the hardness of the coating in the Zone area to reduce compression, resulting in superior line speed and greater shootability across a wider temperature range.
For true high buoyancy floaters or sinking lines with sink rates you can rely on, look out for the TDC logo.