Skagit F.I.S.T.Fast Intermediate Sink Tip
- Chrome chasers rejoice! The new Airflo Skagit F.I.S.T is here and ready to swing for the fences. The innovative head design was created to help people fish lower and slower.
- Our field test team says that the new Skagit F.I.S.T (Floating, Intermediate, Sink-Three) “really digs” and has gotten people into fish they could not catch with other lines. This new line fishes deeper and slower that other lines because of its triple-density construction. The head’s rear floats high for improved drift tracking, transitioning to an intermediate-density middle section and a Sink-3 tip.
- This unique construction allows the head to “tip down” in the water column and give from the fly to the tip of the rod. Loop on any level sink tip and you’re ready for the pickiest fish in the river.
- Taper: Skagit Triple Density
- Core: Power Core
- Range: ST6/7 – ST10/11
- Coating: Ultra-Supple Polyfuse XT
|Head wt||Rod wt||Head||Front Taper||Belly||Rear Taper||Loop Color|
You’ll be more impressed with the lines incredible suppleness and handling performance even in the harshest of conditions. With only 6% stretch, our Power Core braid improves casting control, sensitivity and hook set.
The original “PVC Free” Polymer coated fly lines, we at Airflo utilize solvent free Polyurethane as the base material in all our fly lines. When we originally researched our coating technology over 20 years ago, we wanted the best possible fly line material available. A coating that would be stronger than our competitors, could resist DEET and ultimately fight off the long term effects of UV. Polyurethane provided us with this and much, much more.
Our unique permanent line marking system is welded into our factory fitted loops for easy identification on many of our shooting heads and our latest Ridge Clear fly lines. Each label clearly shows the lines weight and density – so, no more having to put your lines on the scale. Yet another example of our innovative solutions to everyday angling problems.
Not relying on solvents to make it supple, Polyurethane flexes better and lasts longer than any other material we know. Our new Flexi Loop system incorporates actual fly line core into the loop and with our unique fusing process, creates a seamless weld that really is bullet proof.
Airflo fly line Climate Control – Even though all our lines are made from the same base material, polyurethane, not all of our fly line coatings are the same. In fact, they come in a variety of grades or hardness’s which determine how the line will perform in a variety of temperatures. We select coatings that best suit the environment in which they will be used, each having its own merits and optimum temperature range in which they perform best. To help establish which line you require, we have developed a temperature chart that highlights the working temperature range for each of our lines.