Clear Tip Tropical ShortFloating Clear Tip
- A clear tip fly line with one major difference, the tip FLOATS.
- This may sound minor to the uninitiated, but having a Clear Tip fly line you can lay out in ambush without having your tip sink is a godsend-especially when working to intercept “tricky” laid up fish.
- The 12’ Clear Tip blends seamlessly into a stealth mid vis main belly and running line. This belly color allows you and your guide to track the swim of the fly without causing concern from our silver finned friends.
- Built on a low stretch monofilament core the Ridge Clear Tropical has a coating optimized to perform at higher temperatures.
- Taper: Aggressive Front Taper
- Core: Mono Core
- Range: WF6 – WF12
- Coating: Tropical Polyfuse XT Dual-Layer System
- Polyleader: Tarpon / Bonefish
|Item||Profile||Length||Head||Tip||Front Taper||Belly||Rear Taper||Running Line||Head wt|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF6F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||340gr|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF7F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||360gr|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF8F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||400gr|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF9F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||460gr|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF10F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||500gr|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF11F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||560gr|
|Tropical Clear Tip Short - WF12F||WF||100ft||51||1||5||20||25||49||620gr|
The ability to fuse Polyurethane post production led to the development of Micro Loops. Showing no visible signs of a step down, Micro loops blend into the main line giving smooth transition to your leader and protect your fly line from the effects of capillary action.
Airflo fly line Climate Control – Even though all our lines are made from the same base material, polyurethane, not all of our fly line coatings are the same. In fact, they come in a variety of grades or hardness’s which determine how the line will perform in a variety of temperatures. We select coatings that best suit the environment in which they will be used, each having its own merits and optimum temperature range in which they perform best. To help establish which line you require, we have developed a temperature chart that highlights the working temperature range for each of our lines.